9 November 2011

dumplings























Who says you have to go to Chinatown to get good dumplings?

Working in the lower north shore I am lucky to be spoilt for choice with traditional asian eateries but my all time favourite at the moment just has to be the traditional handmade dumplings of New Shanghai.
And judging by the lunchtime queues to get a table (they don't take bookings) it seems I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Today I popped in for lunch with my work buddies and about an hour later we rolled back out in a dumpling coma.




































Even if you were to pick from the menu wearing a blindfold you really can't go wrong, but the pan fried pork buns are definitely a draw card as well as our other go to dishes - pork & chive dumplings, salt and pepper chilli prawns and stir fried chinese rice cakes.

I think what really tops it all off for me though is the decor. You really feel as though you could be eating in the side streets of Shanghai and there is even an old bicycle at the front door.

New Shanghai
Chatswood Chase
Ph. 02 9412 3358

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...